Industries have specific requirement of good air quality in their indoor air spaces. Electronic manufacturing facilities face the challenge of emission of VOCs on a daily basis. Similarly, printing industry faces challenge on account of contaminated air emission from storage, use and disposal of chemicals and liquid waste. Removing odour in plants and food processing facilities is as important as reducing employees’ exposure to harmful chemicals and fumes. Providing dust free environment for enhancing the performance of high precision equipment is also of top priority in Industries.
Life sciences and R&D centers
Lot of chemicals are used besides experiments on living organisms for research purposes which are a source of Volatile Organic Compounds and air borne infections. Contamination is also a very big concern in R & D centres due to which continuous sterilization of surrounding air is required. Regular inhalation of VOCs can cause lung infection, asthma and many more irreversible health issues. Therefore, it is crucial to remove carbon compounds, odour, smoke, and infection causing virus and bacteria leading to circulation of clean and healthy air.
Diamond cutting and Jewelry
Dust created while cutting diamond will be substantial and can cause several health problems. Similarly for artisans engaged in making of gold jewellery, gold dust circulating in the air is of immense value. Hence a method to remove suspended particulate matter and absorbing dust is very essential.
A printing house can be one of the most hazardous places to work especially if you are sensitive to the chemicals and solvents used in the printing process. Many inks and dyes used in the printing process contain potentially toxic substances, ranging from heavy metals used in coloring to petroleum-based solvents used to disperse pigments and speed up drying.
All dyes and inks that contain petroleum solvents release VOCs (i.e., volatile organic compounds) into the air, which for some employees are merely irritants but for others may pose serious long-term health risks. Acute exposure to VOCs can cause dizziness, headaches, drowsiness, nausea, fatigue, loss of coordination and respiratory irritation. Chronic exposure can result in permanent coordination loss, behavioral changes and possibly even brain damage.